The Boxwood Learning Center (also known as Boxwood Development Services) was founded in 2011 in Roselle, New Jersey by individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of youth living in urban communities.
When we opened the Boxwood Learning Center, our dream was to run a center that would support a young person through their college or post-secondary years. So, our impact is not in tutoring thousands but in raising up hundreds of future champions to make this world a better place.
Our vision is to support young champions to lead the world of tomorrow.
To create a learning environment for supporting the whole child by way of tutoring, mentoring, and career exploration. We work to expose young people to careers in the science, technology, engineering, and math fields. Lastly, we provide supportive guidance to youth until they graduate from college or post-secondary program.
Our short-term goal for every young person we serve:
1) Gaining the skills to excel in school,
2) Building students' self-confidence,
3) Exposing students to STEM careers, and
3) Engaging the parent in the student turnaround.
Our long-term goal for every young person we serve:
1) Completing a post-secondary program (beyond high school);
2) Working in their career or a related field; and
3) Contributing to their community.